Terms & Conditions
Version 1.0 (1 December 2022).
1. Welcome to SuSy.house!
1.1 This document sets out the terms and conditions which apply to your use of the SuSy.house website and the SuSy.house apps for iOS and Android, and describes the extent of our legal responsibilities in any projects you commission as a result of that use.
1.2 “SuSy.house” and “SuSy” are trading names of Sustainable Systems Ltd, a company with registration number 13177191 which has its registered office at The Old Chapel, Oakfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2AP UK and is referred to in this document as “SuSy”, “we” and “our”.
The term “website” refers to the https://www.susy.house website.
The term “apps” refers to the SuSy.house apps for Android and iOS.
The term “services” refers to the services outlined in section 3., below.
The term “user” refers to those householders who use the SuSy.house website and apps to learn about energy upgrades for their homes.
The term “contractor” refers to the contractors, installers and tradespeople who provide such upgrades to our users.
The term “financier” applies to those finance companies who provide users with finance for such upgrades.)))
1.4 These Terms and Conditions make reference to the following additional documents, the terms of which are also applicable to your use of the website and the apps:
• SuSy’s Privacy Notice, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us. The Privacy Notice also sets out who we share the content you upload or provide with;
• SuSy’s Code of Conduct and Ethics, which will apply to the way in which you conduct your business if you are a contractor.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as affecting your statutory rights as a consumer.
2. Acceptance of Terms
2.2. You agree not to use the website, the apps and/or the services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
2.3. Your use of the website, the apps and/or the services constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out in this document. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the website, the apps and/or the services.
2.4. SuSy reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the website, the apps and/or the services after any and all changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such changes. It is therefore your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
3. Issues of access and of consequential loss or damage
3.1. SuSy does not guarantee that the website, the apps or any of their content will always be accessible.
3.2. Your access to the website and the apps is granted on a temporary basis only.
3.3. SuSy may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the website or the apps without notice to you.
3.4. SuSy will not be liable to you for any reason if the website or the apps are unavailable or you are unable to use them at any time or for any period.
3.5. You are responsible for making all the necessary arrangements for access to the website and the apps.
3.6. SuSy will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or the apps.
4. Intellectual property rights
4.1. The website, the apps and their content (including without limitation text, design, graphics and all software and source codes connected with them) are protected by copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing them you agree that you will access the content solely for the purposes set out in section 6. of this document..
4.2. None of the content contained on the website may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of SuSy.
4.3. When you upload any content (including text or photographs) to the website or the apps, you assign all rights in such content to SuSy.
5. Links to third party websites
5.1. The website and the apps may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to another website is not an endorsement of that website and by using the website or the apps you acknowledge and agree that SuSy has no control over such websites and is not responsible for the content or availability of any such websites.
5.2. You may link to the website’s homepage or to the apps, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
5.3. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by SuSy where none exists.
5.4. SuSy reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
6. Permitted use
6.1. You agree to use the website and the apps for lawful purposes only and not:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
• In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
• For the purposes of harming or attempting to harm any person, business or entity in anyway
• To undermine the purpose and provision of the services
• To act in competition with the services
• To violate the privacy of others
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of solicitation
• To reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise derive the code used on the website and the apps
• To use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the website or the apps
• To reproduce, duplicate, copy, sub-licence, broadcast, distribute, sell, re-brand or re-sell any part of the website or the apps without SuSy’s express consent.
7. Your rights regarding our content
7.1. The content contained on the website and the apps is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to guidance on which you should rely.
7.2. Although SuSy makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the website and the apps, please note that the content may be out of date at any given time and that SuSy is under no obligation to update it.
7.3 Any estimate generated by SuSy of energy savings or cost of works and displayed on the website or apps or in our follow-up communications is offered as an indication only. SuSy takes no responsibility for and does not in any way guarantee either the eventual pricing of any home improvements you undertake as a result of your use of the website or apps, or the impact of such improvements on your energy usage or energy bills.
7.4. Whilst every effort is made to verify statements and information submitted by the public and SuSy members, much of the information compiled by SuSy is based on information supplied by a variety of individuals, businesses and organizations, it does not represent the views of SuSy and SuSy cannot be held responsible for any omissions or inaccurate claims that may appear.
8. The services provided by SuSy
8.1 SuSy aims to:
Reduce the energy bills and CO2 emissions of its members by proposing home improvement projects
Provide a fair marketplace for contractors and financiers whose service offers align with this aim
Provide a forum for its members to discuss their projects.
8.2 SuSy makes use of certain proprietary algorithms to propose home improvement projects to its users, and then relays their chosen projects to contractors for blind quotes (the “Quoting Process”).
8.3. SuSy takes steps to verify the credentials and company status of contractors (the “Vetting Process”).
8.4. SuSy collects and collates project feedback from its users (the “Feedback Process”).
8.5. Certain results of the Vetting, Quoting and Feedback Processes are published on the website.
9. Your rights regarding the performance of contractors
9.1. In order to deliver its services, SuSy may put users into contact with contractors who will then be responsible for the delivery of its proposed home improvement projects. Such contractors are not employed by or directly contracted by SuSy, and SuSy will not be liable for any damages which may arise as a result of their work.
9.2. Neither will SuSy have any responsibility for any pricing displayed on the website or apps which is offered by contractors. Any agreement reached between you and a contractor based on such pricings is a contract between you and that trader to which SuSy is not a party.
9.3. During the Vetting Process, SuSy will examine copies of public liability insurance (“PLI”) documentation from partner contractors. SuSy cannot however guarantee that a contractor will still be covered by that PLI at the time they undertake any Quoting Process. We would always recommend that you request copies of contractors’ PLIs before you enter into any contract with them.
10.1. SuSy cannot guarantee that the website or the apps will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
10.2. SuSy will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, or any other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, data, computer programs or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or the apps or to your downloading of any content on the website or the apps or linked to them.
11. International use
11.1 You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
12.1. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
12.2. You agree to indemnify and hold SuSy and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against SuSy by any third party arising out of your use of the services and/or any content submitted, posted or transmitted through the services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by SuSy in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
13. Requirements for uploading content
13.1. As long as you are over the age of 18 you are permitted to upload content to the website and apps, provided it is:
• Accurate, true, up to date, genuine and not misleading;
• Relevant and appropriate;
• Complies with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which the content is posted or viewed and does not promote illegal activity;
• Complies with the Privacy Notice and does not disclose any personal or confidential information;
• Does not contain material which is or potentially could be defamatory, obscene, aggressive, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or rude;
• Does not infringe the copyright or any intellectual property rights of any person and where such content relates to an image, you must ensure that all necessary consents and authorisations have been obtained;
• Does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• Does not relate to the services provided by SuSy;
• Does not have the purpose or effect of advertising, discussing or commenting on third party businesses who are not partner contractors;
• Is not threatening, abusive or invades others privacy or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• Does not impersonate any person or misrepresent identities or affiliations; or
• Does not give the impression that it emanates from SuSy (if this is not the case).
14. Compliance with SuSy’s content standards and policy
14.1. By uploading content, you warrant that it complies with the standards set out in section 13. above, and you agree to indemnify SuSy for any loss SuSy suffers as a result of your failure to comply with those standards.
14.2. In cases where content you upload appears not to comply with the standards set out in section 13., SuSy may contact you for further clarification.
14.3. You agree to SuSy using the name you submit in connection with the content you upload.
14.4. You agree that once you have submitted content, the content will become the property of SuSy and you will not be entitled to recall any part of such content.
14.5. SuSy reserves the right to edit content you upload to amend spelling, grammar, punctuation, length, for the purposes of clarity and to ensure its compliance with the standards set out in section 13.
14.6. SuSy reserves the right to remove or withhold any content at any time.
15. SuSy’s rights
15.1. SuSy will determine at its discretion, whether you have failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions constitutes a material breach and may result in:
• Temporary or permanent withdrawal of your access to the website, the apps and the services;
• Disclosure of statutory information to law enforcement authorities.
• Commencement of legal proceedings against you for your actions.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
17. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of England and Wales.